May 18, 2018
"Wood-look tile is a great option for people who want the aesthetic of wood in a space where real hardwoods would not be best suited: bathrooms, laundry rooms, mudrooms, and even some kitchens." -- Designer, Nicci Winrock
Wood Look Porcelain Tile -- The Benefits
- Porcelain tile is extremely durable. For families with dogs and kids, real hardwoods are difficult to keep from getting scratched or damaged by dogs' nails and kids' toys. Wood look tile is much more resistant to scratching than hard wood.
- Busy families track water, sand, dirt and mud throughout the house. Real hardwoods will wear down when sand, dirt, etc. are tracked over them. Wood look tile will stand the test of time, without sanding, staining or refinishing.
- In rooms where water is frequently dripped, spilled or tracked on the floor, tile is an obvious choice because it's waterproof. Hardwoods are easily water damaged and stained.
Why We All Love Real Hardwoods (But Tile Is Better)
- Hardwood floors create warmth in any space, but wood-look tile can bring that same warmth while being almost identical to real wood patterns and texture.
- Many people feel that wood floors are better in the colder months, because tile is cold. With Warm-Up installed under your tile, wood-look floors can be even cozier in the winter and remain cool in the summer.
- Wood floors have character, but wood look tile comes in every variety of wood floor finish -- dark to light, barnwood, distressed, painted, etc. Every detail of a hardwood floor is recreated in wood look tiles -- knots, lines and variations in pattern. Tiles can be laid in plank format or herringbone format.
With wood look tile you can bring warmth into all the spaces you wish real hardwood floors would be best suited. Visit our showroom to see just how much our porcelain tile resembles your favorite hardwood floors and get the farmhouse feeling in your bathroom or bring elegance to your mudroom with the look of hardwoods and all the durability and ease of care of porcelain tile.