Locations: Rochester NY
Concept II seeks a Design Assistant to represent the company as a friendly, knowledgeable, and thoughtful resource for walk-in customers at the showroom. This is a great opportunity to join a young growing organization that is team oriented and work in a collaborative, engaging environment. At Concept II, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally. As a design assistant, you will provide support for the designers in kitchen/bath, closet, and tile showrooms. Professionalism, attention to detail, personability, and the ability to manage multiple streams of information simultaneously are a must; eagerness to learn and a strong sense of personal accountability required. Candidates with design experience will have preference and will have room to grow.
Work will include:
- Greeting & educating potential clients and gathering information.
- Assist lead designer with take-offs and preliminary pricing for projects.
- Produce and revise preliminary and final drawings for client meetings.
- Price materials based on preliminary and final drawings.
- Finalize pricing to process orders.
- Track order status and confirm orders as necessary.
- Attend meetings and site visits with design team and taking detailed notes.
- Assist the design team with presentations and proposals.
- Preparing budget spreadsheets, tracking sheets, and client invoices.
- Placing material orders.
- Maintain showroom & sample tidiness.
- Assist with various administrative tasks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Logistical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, and dependable.